The teal teardrop is the centerpiece of this bracelet. Simple, yet makes a statement. The wooden beads in this stretchy strand are fun and neutral to go with just about any look!
Students use a variety of skills to create these truly beautiful pieces. Participation in ALCAbility helps students discover some of their vocational strengths and interests so that they can better self-direct how they would like to contribute to their communities.
Some of the tasks students may complete in the creation of an ALCAbility bracelet include:
- Measuring and cutting lengths of stretchy bead cord
- Counting beads to make bracelet stringing kits
- Reading a picture "recipe" to string beads into a strand
- Reading a picture "recipe" to assemble strands into a complete set (for designs with multiple strands)
- Sorting remnant beads and other supplies
- Taking inventory of products and supplies
- Photographing and editing product photos
- Tagging and packing finished products
There are a whole host of other skills students learn through shipping web orders, hosting live events, shopping for supplies, and creating new pieces. The list is practically endless!